Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset

От SunWuKung
Тема Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Unfortunately the number of elements in the array is not known
beforehand. The dimension of the array is always 1, but the number of
elements changes from 50-500.

I looked at the article you mention and it creates a set returning
function. I found some functions like that in the archive
- like select * from explode(array) but I don't see how to join that to
the original table the array was in.

In article <20060103120223.GC9478@webserv.wug-glas.de>,
andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com says...
> am  03.01.2006, um 12:37:51 +0100 mailte SunWuKung folgendes:
> > When storing data in an array, like this
> >
> > id    array
> > 1,     {1,2}
> > 2,     {10,20}
> > 3,     {100,200}
>
> Forever 2 Elements in the array? Then:
>
> test=# select * from t1;
>  id |    foo
> ----+-----------
>   1 | {1,2}
>   2 | {10,20}
>   3 | {100,200}
> (3 rows)
>
> test=# select id, array_upper(foo,1), foo[idx.i] from t1, generate_series (1, 2) idx(i);
>  id | array_upper | foo
> ----+-------------+-----
>   1 |           2 |   1
>   1 |           2 |   2
>   2 |           2 |  10
>   2 |           2 |  20
>   3 |           2 | 100
>   3 |           2 | 200
> (6 rows)
>

> If not: http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/105.php
> Read the chapter 'Querying and Flattening Array Columns'.
>

> HTH, Andreas

Сообщение: Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset
Сообщение: Re: generic way to retrieve array as rowset