Re: pgSql Memory footprint

От Ish Ahluwalia
Тема Re: pgSql Memory footprint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <200309132112.45526.dev@archonet.com>, dev@archonet.com
says...
> On Friday 12 September 2003 20:43, Ish Ahluwalia wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Can anyone provide a rough guesstimate on how much memory does fully
> > conigured, with all the services turned on pgSql database require?
> >
> > I'm trying to make an estimate on how much memory would be required in
> > Flash and RAM to run pgSql database.
>
> Depends on how many users and what queries you are running. The less RAM you
> have available, the more disk I/O there will be.
>
> Can you give more details of what sort of system you are trying to build?

Hi Richard:

Thanks for the resply.  We're looking to use pgSql in a embedded systems
environment especially for a telecom switch.  Memory may not be that big
of a issue as we plan to have a reasonable size flash and decent RAM too
(64 to 128 Mb - which is a lot for embedded systems).  The idea here is
to use the database as a way to store information for all the processes
that may be running.  The memory footprint I was looking for relates to
the disk storage required to store the loadable module/or binary program
on the flash disk, and also some insight into RAM required to run the
databse.  The configuration would be achieve highest speed with most
amount of reliability.  Any rough estimate into worst case memory usage
will be very beneficial?

Thanks in advance.

Ish...