Re: Table names / mixed case / Postgresql 7.0.3

От Patrick Dunford
Тема Re: Table names / mixed case / Postgresql 7.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:53:59 +0000 (UTC) AD in
comp.databases.postgresql.questions, Eric G. Miller said:

>On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:41:07AM +0200, Mathias Hohler wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think I`ve encoutered a problem in postgresql 7.0.3 (Linux). I want to
>> be able to access tables, for instance, by typing select * from table.
>> And it should be the same, whether the table name is TABLE or Table or
>> table. But I found out, that you can create tables with the name TABLE
>> or table and so on. Is there a way to fix this ?
>> Maybe I`m wrong ?
>
>Using double quotes around table names and column names makes them case
>sensitive.  Better to not do such a dastardly thing in the first place.

Or be careful when using ODBC drivers - it doesn't bother changing the case
and then you are stuck with it :(

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God
the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and
power.
    -- 1 Corinthians 15:24
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20010416
Created by Mail2Sig - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/software/mail2sig/