RE: Relocatable Binaries (RPMs) : custom installation path forPostgreSQL

От Kevin Brannen
Тема RE: Relocatable Binaries (RPMs) : custom installation path forPostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com>

> I have tried to intall the RPMs with -relocate option,however it is not working as expected and throwing below
error.

> [root@Server1dev:/root/PG11]#
> #-> rpm -ivh --relocate /usr/pgsql-11/=/u01/postgres/pg11_relocate/ postgresql11-server-11.1-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm
> warning: postgresql11-server-11.1-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 442df0f8: NOKEY
> Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]
>        path /usr/pgsql-11 in package postgresql11-server-11.1-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64 is not relocatable
> [root@server1dev:/root/PG11]#

Then you'll probably have to get the source from the Pg download area and compile it yourself and use
"--prefix=/u01/postgres/pg11_relocate/"as an arg to the "configure" command. It's not hard, the process is well
documented.We do this and 1 reason is to have it install into /opt, although we also compile it ourselves so we know
what'sgoing into the install.

It's either that or let it install where it wants to and then put a symlink in the place you want it, as someone else
suggested.

HTH,
Kevin
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential
information.If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
youare hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or
attachedto this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notifyus by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them
todisk. Thank you.