RE: BUG #15908: Xpath operations fail

От Rick Vincent
Тема RE: BUG #15908: Xpath operations fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses.

Best,

Rick

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:27 PM
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Subject: Re: BUG #15908: Xpath operations fail

čt 18. 7. 2019 v 16:22 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:

> čt 18. 7. 2019 v 15:06 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>
> napsal:
>> I haven’t heard of anyone working on that, and it seems unlikely to happen
>> within the near future as few, if any, libraries support XPath 2.0 (or
>> later).

> Only XPath 1.0 is supported by libxml2. And this library is in permanent
> feature freeze mode :-(. Unfortunately, there is not any other library with
> friendly licence available for C language.

Not only that, but libxml2 is a rich source of security bugs.  I wish
we could get rid of that dependency altogether.  Unfortunately,
reimplementing our own xml and xpath functionality from scratch
seems like a large project :-(.  I don't think there's anybody
with sufficient time and interest to do it.

Maybe some C++ or Java library with good licence can be ported to C for usage in Postgres.

But it is lot of work.

Pavel

                        regards, tom lane

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended recipient is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TEMENOS. We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses. TEMENOS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10