Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?

От Bo?ena Potempa
Тема Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
[..]
>According to an ODBC related document, the behavior of ODBC
>functions in such case is undefined and it is driver-specific
>if a driver handles this correctly.

OK. If it is driver-specific then why don't allow users to
to use this feature if it is implemented in the server?

>> insert/read data entirely making usage of provided length.
>> Is it implemented like that?
>
>No and how can I implement it ?
>Must I convert '\0' to "|| chr(0) ||" where there's no
>guarantee that it works ?

Why not?

Your statement suggests that parameter values are hard-coded
into SQL statements by ODBC driver. Is that true?

If you encode 0 as "|| chr(0) ||" it will change nothing:
if the server is able to store something after 0 then
it will be stored, otherwise not. If you afraid then
maybe this behaviour can be implemented as an option
to the ODBC data source (like "LF<->CR/LF Conversion")?

Is it much work to add such option?

Best regards,
Bozena Potempa

P.S.
0s in strings are important for some of our customers,
storing very strange things in their old Clipper
applications.