working with schema

От William Anthony Lim
Тема working with schema
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I'm just experimenting with schema usage. I'm going to use it as a fake 'multi-database' system. Is Postgresql support
codingschema name using string variable so I can pass it with parameter? I'm give u an example:

I have schema: D200401,D200402.D200403,D200404, etc.

I've set my user just like the schema name, so who login with D200401 will be using D200401 schema. When someone using
D200401schema, they sometime want to access another schema, so in my thought I can use variable like this:

sPointer='D200403'

select * from sPointer.myTable -- Question: How to write it to work properly?

Thanks

William

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com