Re: Critical bug: pgAdmin v4.25 has started ignoring my "Browser Command" which completely cripples me and makes me unable to manage my PostgreSQL database.

От tutiluren@tutanota.com
Тема Re: Critical bug: pgAdmin v4.25 has started ignoring my "Browser Command" which completely cripples me and makes me unable to manage my PostgreSQL database.
Дата
Ответ на Re: Critical bug: pgAdmin v4.25 has started ignoring my "Browser Command" which completely cripples me and makes me unable to manage my PostgreSQL database.  (Jack Royal-Gordon <jackrg@pobox.com>)
Ответы Re: Critical bug: pgAdmin v4.25 has started ignoring my "Browser Command" which completely cripples me and makes me unable to manage my PostgreSQL database.  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Critical bug: pgAdmin v4.25 has started ignoring my "Browser Command" which completely cripples me and makes me unable to manage my PostgreSQL database.  (Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net>)
Список pgadmin-support
Aug 27, 2020, 4:43 PM by jackrg@pobox.com:
You “chose” to use Pale Moon.
No, I did not.
To you, it appeared to be the only reasonable alternative
Not only does it appear that way -- it *is* that way.
you “chose” to use it when there were other options available.
There are no other options.
I get that you don’t consider them acceptable options, but they are options nevertheless.
It's like having the "option" to be injected with two different kinds of deadly diseases, or just a common flu. (Pale Moon is the common flu.) I don't understand why you insist that there are options.
if there is a behavior in the product that is specific to Pale Moon (as it appears the issue you are bringing up is)
No. For the love of the holy PostgreSQL elephant, read before replying...
do you feel that the team is responsible for testing EVERY option that a user might choose?
This is the *entire point* of using a stand-alone GUI/webview...
I would bet that if we took a poll of users, that less than 1% would say that they use Pale Moon.
So what? Less than 1% of the general population have any kind of brain as well. But again, it doesn't matter as the issue isn't with Pale Moon. And the (secondary) issues that *are* with Pale Moon should not exist either. The pgAdmin developers should be using Pale Moon themselves as there is no non-spyware browser available in this dystopian nightmare that the Internet (and the world in general) has turned into.
So how much of the team's testing capacity should be dedicated to a “configuration” that less than 1% of the user base uses?
100%, if that 1% are the only ones who have a brain. In fact, it should detect any use of Chrome/Firefox and display a big warning that Google/Mozilla are spying on every key they press down inside those trojans, and direct them to download a real browser. Sadly, even Pale Moon isn't what I would call a "real browser". But it's at least free from the worst kind of obvious, malicious spying by the browser vendor itself.
You can continue to say that everyone else is wrong and you are right
That's... not what I've been saying. If you don't recognize that Chrome/Firefox are spyware, you *are* objectively wrong. There's just no two ways about it. Are you astroturfing for Google/Mozilla (it's almost pointless to even mention Mozilla at all anymore because they are owned by Google)? Why persist in defending this evil mega corporation's horrific treatment of your security?
And I say again that if the latest version of pgAdmin does not work correctly for you with Pale Moon, then report the bug and revert to the older version of pgAdmin that DOES work with Pale Moon. I suspect that if the cause is found, the team will add an automated test to ensure that the problem does not recur. That won’t stop other problems from occurring, and problems with pdAdmin in a relatively disused configuration are going to go unfound until you find them.
I've already jumped through tons of hoops and wasted tons of time and effort sending messages to this mailing list. I'm not going to sit and "file bugs" on top of that, doubtlessly requiring me to jump through even more hoops. I'm not a pgAdmin developer. Every bug I've ever managed to file in the past for any project has been ignored. FOSS developers hate bug reports and make it obnoxiously difficult to submit them. This is what I learned many, many years ago.
That’s just reality.
Yeah, it's hopeless, so let's all just install Google's cancerware. That'll show them for sure.