Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 07 Jan 2022 at 10:12, tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> > So the ordering of the suggested completions is different.  I don't know
>> > offhand how that ordering is determined.  Perhaps it's dependent on
>> > locale, readline version, or operating system.  In any case, we need to
>> > figure this out to make this test stable.
>>
>> I don't think we want to get into the business of trying to make that
>> consistent across different readline/libedit versions.  How about
>> adjusting the test case so that only one enum value is to be printed?
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. Agreed.
> Fixed the test case to show only one enum value.

+/*
+ * pg_string_tolower - Fold a string to lower case if the string is not quoted
+ * and only contains ASCII characters.
+ * For German/Turkish etc text, no change will be made.
+ *
+ * The returned value has to be freed.
+ */
+static char *
+pg_string_tolower_if_ascii(const char *text)
+{

s/pg_string_tolower/pg_string_tolower_if_ascii/ for comments.

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.