Re: Coredump with text search dictionary

От Japin Li
Тема Re: Coredump with text search dictionary
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 09 Aug 2022 at 12:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> There's a reason why CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE is superuser-only:
> it's on you to supply valid parameters.  varchar_support is a
> completely inappropriate choice for a TS template init function.
> The proposed patch doesn't add any meaningful amount of safety
> (just add some options to the dictionary, and it'll still crash).
> Moreover, the patch breaks init functions that would, say, want
> to insist that option X be provided.

Oh, my bad. I see this in documentation [1].

You must be a superuser to use CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE. This restriction
is made because an erroneous text search template definition could confuse
or even crash the server.

However, is there any way to avoid this crash?  I'm not familiar with the TS,
I didn't see documentation that describes which function is appropriate for a
TS template init function.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-createtstemplate.html

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.

Сообщение: Re: Coredump with text search dictionary
Сообщение: Re: Coredump with text search dictionary