Re: PostgreSQL - ERROR: Cannot cast type character varying to integer

От Mauricio Fernandez
Тема Re: PostgreSQL - ERROR: Cannot cast type character varying to integer
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
thanks for the answer. i get it too as

sum(int4(unidades::text))

Maybe somebody will need this answer too, so i want to add some info I get
from other list:

We can know wich CAST we have in our DB with this view:
  create view showcasts as  select t.typname as source, t1.typname as target, p.proname as function,  (select case when
c.castcontext= 'e'     then 'Must use Explicit Cast'     else ( select case when c.castcontext = 'i'           then
'Implicitcast for expressions and assignments'           else 'Implicit cast only for assignments'           end)
end) as casttype  from pg_cast c, pg_type t, pg_type t1, pg_proc p  where c.castsource = t.oid and     c.casttarget =
t1.oidand     c.castfunc = p.oid;

I hope this can be helpfull.

again thanks to all.