RE: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF

От Alan Thomas
Тема RE: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Hi David,

Thanks for responding.

> It is.  "If specific tables are named in a locking clause, then only rows coming from those tables are locked;"

I see – thanks for pointing it out.

It would be good if this sentence actually referred to "OF" by name. The section on locking clauses is long and densely written, and a direct mention of the syntax element would help the reader find the relevant information.

Even an example using FOR UPDATE OF ... might be a useful addition.

> I'll agree that the docs don't indicate that "table_name" has to be unqualified.

We shouldn't need to work things out by guesswork / resolving error messages. This should be in the docs so we can get it right the first time.

Thanks,

Alan