Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.

От tutiluren@tutanota.com
Тема Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.
Дата
Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.  (Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Ten years ago my first reaction would be to download msys and try the command there.  It looks, however, that the development stalled around 2008: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
Now I read that a second generation of that is available, but haven't tried it: https://www.msys2.org/

You'll have to quote the special characters differently, but that way of quoting will be familiar to the majority of folks here, I guess.

I don't want to download or install anything. I thought I would finally convince you all when I showed that my own script is fully able to receive the Unicode characters and quotes from the cmd.exe which doesn't even use the /U flag, so clearly pg_dump is not reading this correctly? I can't see any other explanation at this point. It frankly feels like you don't *want* to support Windows. "Cross-platform" seems to mean "several Linux distributions" these days...