pgAdmin has started randomly pestering me about a password again.

От tutiluren@tutanota.com
Тема pgAdmin has started randomly pestering me about a password again.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Lately, roughly once a day (it seems to not matter if I shut down the pgAdmin server and then start it up again), pgAdmin again asks for the damn password, and I again have to check the "remember" checkbox and click an extra time for the thing to actually start. There is no password. I've told it to save the empty "password" a billion times.

I was forced to make a special Pale Moon profile just for pgAdmin specifically to not have it constantly ask me for the password...

All in all, it's been an absolute *nightmare* dealing with pgAdmin since the 4.x branch. The fact that it doesn't have its own GUI has caused so many problems it's not even meaningful to try to list them all. Using whatever "browser" is installed on the machine (there are no non-spyware browsers left now) was a very bad idea, and it cannot be repeated too many times. I still don't get what the point is of not providing a minimal, stand-alone "web view" kind of thing.

My config_local.py contains:

MASTER_PASSWORD_REQUIRED=False

I cannot reproduce it asking for the password. It seems to happen the first time I start the computer for the day, which makes no sense. I never clear the data for the pgAdmin 4 Pale Moon profile, specifically to avoid having to be pestered about a password. Yet it still happens.

I'm frankly sick of this whole program and dealing with all its neverending bugs and annoyances, and the only reason I haven't dropped it long ago is that the so-called alternatives are *even worse*. Between this, the requirement to manually install new installers for each update of both PG and PostGIS on Windows, and the refusal of the PG developers to support Unicode for the application_name, it's truly a miserable situation for us PostgreSQL users. I feel very little enjoyment or satisfaction dealing with any of this, because everything is so flimsy and ever-breaking.