C# Front End Info

От Alice Bag
Тема C# Front End Info
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to PG and I love it.  It is one of the coolest open source
projects out there.  I just wanted to give my thanks to all the developers.
GREAT JOB!

Anyway, I have real interest in learning more about hooking a custom
front-end to it.  I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to where I
should look to get started.  I'm not looking for the "hey, just use one
that's already out there."  I'm interested as a way to get to know the
database and how it works.  I'm quite sure this will be my DB of choice for
many years to come.  After all, why wouldn't't it be?

I'm a C# developer and I think it would be cool to have a front-end to use
with mono when it "comes of age" and one that can be used with windows right
now.  I'm thinking along the lines of putting most of the logic in a single
project and then get a SWF, GTK#, and QT# interface.  It's making me smile
just thinking about it.

I'm aware of the Npgsql.net project but I don't think it can do everything
that I would like to do, like edit triggers, define constraints, etc...
Wouldn't it be more for connecting to a server rather then configuring one.
Anyone know about this?

Ideas?

Gabriel