RE: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus

От Thomas, Richard
Тема RE: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
RE: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus  ("Thomas, Richard" <Richard.Thomas@atkinsglobal.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Ah... no - the AV is still allowed to run riot in the folder where the dump file is written to. Do you think that could
bethe issue?

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Sent: 06 April 2022 15:42
To: Thomas, Richard <Richard.Thomas@atkinsglobal.com>; pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus

On 4/6/22 03:59, Thomas, Richard wrote:
> I’ve been having problems with several PostgreSQL crashes over the
> last month (originally with 10.16, then more recently with 10.20, all
> on a Windows Server 2012R2 platform), always with a low level permissions error:
>
> "server process (PID 5664) was terminated by exception 0xC0000022"
>
> (This NT error translates as "Access Denied: A process has requested
> access to an object but has not been granted those access rights").
>

> I have also got our IT to disable antivirus on our tablespace folder
> and on the folder running our backup PowerShell script (which calls pg_dump).

Is either one of those directories where the dump file is being output to?

If not is the directory that file is being created in have AV checks disabled?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

NOTICE – This email message and any attachments may contain information or material that is confidential, privileged,
and/orsubject to copyright or other rights. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination, or
otheruse of or reliance on this message or anything contained therein is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
youbelieve you may have received this message in error, kindly inform the sender by return email and delete this
messagefrom your system. Thank you.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 10.20 crashes / Antivirus