RE: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15

От Christian Schröder
Тема RE: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Francisco,
Thank you for your advice. I used "ipcs" to get more readable information about the shared memory:

# ipcs -m -l --human

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 4096
max seg size = 16E
max total shared memory = 16E
min seg size = 1B

# ipcs -m

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key        shmid      owner      perms      bytes      nattch     status
0x04000194 35         postgres   600        56         19

# ipcs -m -i 35

Shared memory Segment shmid=35
uid=26  gid=26  cuid=26 cgid=26
mode=0600       access_perms=0600
bytes=56        lpid=7653       cpid=3875       nattch=19
att_time=Tue May 28 22:56:35 2024
det_time=Tue May 28 22:56:35 2024
change_time=Tue May 28 07:59:59 2024

As far as I understand, there is no upper limit to the size of the shared memory. The database only holds a single
sharedmemory segment, which doesn't seem to have a relevant size.

I am surprised to see this since I would have expected much more shared memory to be used by the database. Is there
anythingin the configuration that prevents the shared memory from being used?

Best,
Christian