Re: Starting psql without a database connection

От Arguile
Тема Re: Starting psql without a database connection
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Michael Klatt wrote:
> Is there a way to start psql without connecting to a database?

No. psql is a client to the server.

> Otherwise, what's the point of the 'CREATE DATABASE ...' command?

I'll turn that around. What's the point of issuing a CREATE DATABASE command
when you aren't connected to a server to create it on?

You might want to read:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?managing-databases.html