Prepared statements versus stored procedures

От Simon Connah
Тема Prepared statements versus stored procedures
Дата
Re: Prepared statements versus stored procedures
Re: Prepared statements versus stored procedures
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

First of all please forgive me. I'm not very experienced with databases.

I was reading about prepared statements and how they allow the server to plan the query in advance so that if you
executethat query multiple times it gets sped up as the database has already done the planning work.

My question is this. If I make a stored procedure doesn't the database already pre-plan and optimise the query because
ithas access to the whole query? Or could I create a stored procedure and then turn it into a prepared statement for
morespeed? I was also thinking a stored procedure would help as it requires less network round trips as the query is
alreadyon the server.

Sorry for the question but I'm not entirely sure how stored procedures and prepared statements work together.
Вложения