Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar

От John Pagakis
Тема Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar
Дата
Re: Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Re: Issue with now() within a transaction in pg74.213.jdbc.jar  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Most of my tables have a last update date and during some testing in
Postgres 7.4.1 I noticed that the last_update date was slightly in the past
for anything updated within a transaction.  The amount it is off by seems to
vary: as little as 30 seconds; as much as a couple of minutes.

Tables updated outside of a transaction seem to have an accurate timestamp.
If I setAutoCommit(true) instead of setAutoCommit(false) and comment out my
commit/rollbacks, the timestamp is accurate.  Within a transaction, it is as
though I have set the WayBack machine for a random trip 1/2 - 2 minutes back
in time.

I am using pg74.213.jdbc.jar.  Is there a more current driver?

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is anyone looking at it?

John Pagakis
Email: ih8spam_thebfh@toolsmythe.com
remove the ih8spam_ and you'll find me

"I don't know the meaning of the word
 surrender!  I mean I know it, I'm not
 dumb, just not in this context."
        -- The Tick

This signature generated by
     ... and I Quote!!(tm) Copyright (c) 1999 SpaZmodic Frog Software, Inc.
                                              www.spazmodicfrog.com