Re: What's the cost of a few extra columns?

От Announce
Тема Re: What's the cost of a few extra columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks a lot.

Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, then doing the vertical splitting
for some of the text columns WOULD decrease the average row size returned in
my slimmer PRODUCTIONS table. I don't plan on using any of the "prod_info"
columns in a WHERE clause (except open_date and close_date now that I think
of it so they would stay in the original table).

There will be a lot of queries where I just want to return quick pri-key,
prod_name and prod_date results from a PRODUCTION search.  Then, there would
be a detail query that would then need all of the PRODUCTION and INFO data
for a single row.

Thanks again,

Aaron