Install Error

От Kent Morrison
Тема Install Error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I tried to install 8.1 to a Windows 2000 Server.

I got the following message:

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in "E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\tmp\initdb.log

The lgo file:
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_United States.

fixing permissions on existing directory E:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.1/data ... ok
creating directory E:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.1/data/global ... initdb: could not create directory "E:/Program Files": File exists
initdb: removing contents of data directory "E:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.1/data"

Searching through the mailing list archives indicated is was a permissions problem. The postgres service account has read permissions on "e:\Program Files" and write permissions on "e:\Program Files\PostgreSQL" and its sub folders.

What am I missing?

This is my 4th install of PostgreSQL. I successfully installed 8.0.4 on a Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. I was able to put 8.1 on a different server running Windows 2000 Server. All of these are up and running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kent