Help with a double left join

От Ari Nepon
Тема Help with a double left join
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I am trying to do a left join FROM [a table with two columns that have
foreign IDs] LEFT JOIN [two other tables, each has a unique ID].

I have the left join working where I join only two tables (not three):
<!--current SQL-->
SELECT track.ID, track.employee, track.client, track.task,
track.description, track.hours_used, track.f_date, project.project_name
FROM track LEFT JOIN project ON track.project=project.project_id
WHERE track.client LIKE '%MMColParam%'
<!--end-->

the two tables are track and project. Track is the left of the left join. It
holds the foreign keys. project (and later clients) are the columns with the
keys. I need to also left join clients ON track.client=client.ID.  Would
someone tell me how the SQL statement should be that allows me to do the two
left joins? Would it be:
<!--wishful thinking SQL-->
SELECT track.ID, track.employee, track.task, track.description,
track.hours_used, track.f_date, project.project_name, clients.name
FROM track LEFT JOIN project ON track.project=project.project_id AND LEFT
JOIN client ON track.client=clients.ID
WHERE track.client LIKE '%MMColParam%'
<!--end-->

'%MMColParam%' is just a variable used to hold a querystring variable in
case anyone was wondering.

Thanks,

Ari

(database is MS access. language is ASP. Whole thing will eventually be
redone in PostgreSQL and PHP, just as soon as I learn them:)
Ari Nepon
MRB Communications
4520 Wilde Street, Ste. 2
Philadelphia, PA 19127