Re: sort text field numerically

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: sort text field numerically
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

 select * from floats_table order by text_float_field::float;

will work, as long as there are no non-float items in the table (if there
are, you could use an ORDER BY CASE ... to look for non-numeric characters
and sort these differently, and sort the rest by converting to floats as
::float)

HTH.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant