Re: Using COPY

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Using COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-general

create function fix_marker(text) returns text as '
  $_ = shift;
  s/@@~@@/\\n/;
  return $_;
' language 'plperl';

update tblFoo set foo=fix_marker(foo) where foo like '%@@~@@%';

would do nicely. Or you could do it in plpython, plruby (if installed), or
plperl.

You could do it in plpgsql with a combination of ugly left || right with
strpos, but it's a lot easier in languages that have string-replace
functions.

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant