Re: efficient query help

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: efficient query help
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hmmm... Is this better? Please let me know; it looks better with a small set
of sample data, but I'd be curious how it does with your real table:

select id,      flag,      sum(count)

from   ( select id,               flag,               1 as count        from log        where flgtime='2002-04-16'
        union all
        select id,               f.flag,               0 as count        from log l,             flags f
   /* don't think this is neccessary    where flgtime <> '2002-04-16'  */
      ) as t

where flag is not null

group by id, flag;

[ for others: the point of the query is to count the number of unique
id/flag combos on 4/16/2002, and union this with all possible combos of
ids/flags that aren't present on non-4/16/2002 ]

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant