Re: CREATE VIEW question...

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: CREATE VIEW question...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
At present, you cannot access data from another database, either with a
VIEW, or any other SQL statement.

You either want to: merge the two databases or dump/restore the needed table
to db2.

In PG 7.3 (still in development), namespaces have been added. While this
technically won't fix cross-database access, it will provide an excellent
solution to many tables in a database, and will provide an effective
solution to problems like this.

In the contrib/ directory (or using the contrib RPM, if that's your style),
you'll find "dblink", which provides a working but hackish way to access
other databases, but I'm not sure that it is ready for prime time.

HTH. Sorry for the bad news.

Joel BURTON | joel@joelburton.com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant