PostgresqlDataSource

От Peter T. Brown
Тема PostgresqlDataSource
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am trying to use Castor (castor.exolab.org). It requires that I use JDBC
(and specifically the postgresqldatasource class). I have downloaded the
postgresql-7.1beta5 src. Whenever I try to build the postgresql.jar using
ant I get:

[javac] Compiling 47 source files to
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/build
 [javac]
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/Test.j
ava:21: javax.sql.XADataSource is abstract; cannot be instantiated
 [javac]         xaDS = new XADataSource();
 [javac]                    ^
 [javac]
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/Test.j
ava:22: cannot resolve symbol
 [javac] symbol  : method setDatabaseName  (java.lang.String)
 [javac] location: interface javax.sql.XADataSource
 [javac]         xaDS.setDatabaseName( "test" );
 [javac]                 ^
 [javac]
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/Test.j
ava:23: cannot resolve symbol
 [javac] symbol  : method setUser  (java.lang.String)
 [javac] location: interface javax.sql.XADataSource
 [javac]         xaDS.setUser( "arkin" );
 [javac]                 ^
 [javac]
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/Test.j
ava:24: cannot resolve symbol
 [javac] symbol  : method setPassword  (java.lang.String)
 [javac] location: interface javax.sql.XADataSource
 [javac]         xaDS.setPassword( "natasha" );
 [javac]                 ^
 [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
 [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
 [javac] 4 errors

I have also tried to use the jdbc rpm for 7.1beta, but this does NOT include
PostgresqlDataSource. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or where I
can find a jar containing everything I need??

Thanks Very Much

----
Peter T. Brown
Director of Technology
Memetic Systems
"Intelligent. Customer Acquisition & Retention."
206.985.7171 ext. 110