Accessing shared memory in a proc_exit callback

От Claudio Rossi
Тема Accessing shared memory in a proc_exit callback
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, I'm hacking postgresql code to add some custom features but I met the following problem:

I need to call a function right before frontend disconnects, so I looked for the section where frontend closes down the
socketin PostgresMain (postgres.c)and I read the comment under "case 'X'" which states not to add code there but to set
upa proc_exit callback. Then I looked at proc_exit code and here comes my problem: proc_exit calls shmem_exit BEFORE
executingcallbacks, but my function needs to access shared memory. My temporarily solution was to modify proc_exit,
scanningcallbacks to find my function and executing it before shmem_exit (I get a signal 11 otherwise): is it a good
solution?Is there a more appropriate section to add a function call right before frontend disconnects than a proc_exit
callback?Thank you.

Regards,
Claudio Rossi

Consolidamento.Una sola rata più bassa per i tuoi finanziamenti e, in più, liquidità! www.mutuionline.it