Relation does not exist

От Rob Klaus
Тема Relation does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We are having a problem where intermittently a query will not work,
returning an error:

ERROR:  Relation "x" does not exist

It will do this for a variable period, typically not lasting more than 5
minutes

I have searched through list archives and only find this reference in
regards to entities that are capitalized, which is *not* the case here.

Our setup may be 'bad', but I'm not sure; here is some background:

I have one database with 13 schemas
The code used to access data for the most part does not use schema.entity
naming convention
as we have the search_path set in postgresql.conf set to include all 13
schemas.

Entity names are not duplicated across schemas.

If I use the qualified schema.entity in my database calls, I don't get the
error.

I can go through all the code used to access data and add the schema name as
appropriate, but would prefer not to.

Has anyone seen an issue like this.  We have had this setup for about a year
without problems until just last week.

We are using PG_VERSION 7.3 on RedHat 7.0
System has 512 Mb RAM

I have tried tweaking some of the memory settings thinking maybe there was
an issue with that. . . .here are the details of that:

max_connections = 150
shared_buffers = 15200
sort_mem = 32168
fsync = false

We did change RedHat's shared memory setting to: kernel.shmmax = 134217728

Not sure if any other information would be useful.  I appreciate any

Thanks!

-Rob

Rob Klaus
Manager of Information Systems