[7.4.2] Still "variable not found in subplan target lists"

От veramente@libero.it
Тема [7.4.2] Still "variable not found in subplan target lists"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello all..

I have a 7.4.2 pg server and the situation is the following:

Table detorders with 69 columns, one of which is called docomment. There is=
 a view based on this table called qrydorders and there are other 5 views w=
hich include qrydorders in there definitions. Today after changing (with pg=
admin III) the datatype of qrydorders.docomment from varchar(255) to varcha=
r(2500) i got the error "variable not found in subplan target lists" when a=
 SELECT * from qrydorders WHERE did=3D101015 . Everything got back working =
after i dropped qrydorders and all of the views in cascade and then recreat=
ed them.

I saw this was a problem in the 7.4.1. Before installing 7.4.2 and recreati=
ng the database i dropped the old DB, removed the directory which contained=
 the PG files, created a new one and recreated everything with initdb so i =
do not think its a mistake that i made when i installed the new PG.

Regards,

Fabrizio Mazzoni