Problems with the lower() and upper() functions and umlaut chars in 7.2

От soetebeer.com
Тема Problems with the lower() and upper() functions and umlaut chars in 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,
I currently encountered problems when executing the lower() and upper()
functions on strings that contain
special (umlaut) chars.
The db version is 7.2 and the database is created as UNICODE.

When f.e. selecting the following "select lower('Ö');" the result is still
the Uppercase 'Ö'. Postgres leaves
this untouched.

Did I have to make some settings to LANG or other things ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Frank