Re: career in SQL/Database administration

От Rick Seeger
Тема Re: career in SQL/Database administration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> (Anybody with suggestions on what to do with people like this please
> feel free to chime in.  :-D)

In situations where the client is not tech saavy or the scope is
ambiguous, we bid high and ask for a 50% deposit. I think the best
scenario is to get the client to pay for a detailed spec so they are
clear on the deliverables beforehand and there are no disputes about
what is in scope later on. In general though, we avoid fixed-rate jobs
if possible (If you're paid hourly, then revisions and scope creep are
good things.)