calling function

От William Anthony Lim
Тема calling function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,
I have a little trouble. I'm newbie in postgresql.

Consider this function example:

create or replace function testcall(int4,varchar,bool,int2) return setof record as '
declarer record;a int4;b varchar;c bool;d int2;
begina=$1;b=$2;c=$3;d=$4;
for r in select * from "T_Customer" loop    return next r;end loop;
return r;
end;'
language 'plpgsql'

when i tried to call it using:
select * from testcall(12,'ABCD',true,20000);

it says:
ERROR:  function testcall(integer, "unknown", boolean, integer) does not exist

then I tried to change to:
select * from testcall(12,varchar'ABCD',true,20000);

it says:
ERROR:  function testcall(integer, character varying, boolean, integer) does not exist

I've tried them using jdbc prepared statement and callable statement (both with/without parameters), but the result is
thesame.

what should i do?

Thanks

William