Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )

От Jeff MacDonald
Тема Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> How many thousands of web sites out there don't offer PgSQL due to teh
> hassle?  Everyone is arguing 'why mysql vs pgsql?' ... if we had a simple
> 'libpq.tar.gz' that could be downloaded, nice and small, then we've just
> made enabling PgSQL by default in mod_php4 brain dead ...

Case in point, I just installed FreeBSD 4.6 on a machine, i chose to install
mod_php from /stand/sysinstall.

It ofcourse installed php, with mysql as a dependency, i was annoyed, but
when
i looked at what was actually installed, it was just "mysql client".

The actually server did not get installed at all.

Jeff.