Re: Compiling postgres to is jdbc

От Joe Shevland
Тема Re: Compiling postgres to is jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
You don't actually need to recompile the backend in order for it to
support connections from Java (its just pure TCP/IP); the --with-java
option just compiles the JDBC driver along with the backend. You can also
download the JDBC driver from http://jdbc.postgresql.org .

But, the problem you are seeing is happening as a result of not running
'make' in the top level source directory - you need to do this first
before attempting to build via Ant. IMHO this should not be required as I
don't think the JDBC build process should be dependant on the main
distribution or running make - I think a pure Ant build is more
appropriate for a Java interface.

Cheers,
Joe

> I am trying to use the jdbc with postgres, and coming unglued. I'm using
> Postgres 7.2 on a netbsd box. At the moment the postgres works fine from
> C, so I am truing to recompile in order to use the jdbc.
>
> I've installed ANT, and (as far as I can see) have it working. I've gone
> "configure --with-java", and that seems fine, but when I then go "make"
> it gets as far as invoking ANT to use the build.xml file, and I then
get:

> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
> /home/mark/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/build
>     [javac]
> /home/mark/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/Driver.jav
> a:235: ';' expected.
>     [javac]             return ${major};
>     [javac]                     ^
>     [javac]