Re: BLOB performance test FYI

От Joe Shevland
Тема Re: BLOB performance test FYI
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Well, isn't it a bit crazy that bytea is the default JDBC BLOB type given the performance issues shown?

The general public that start to pump binary data into a PostgreSQL database are going to be confused if performance is
thatbad... and that was a grunty server too with bulkloads of RAM, I shudder to think what'd happen to a client.

I mean, generally if you're storing binary data it is for things such as image or document storage (of course there's
many,many other purposes), so the binary data wil be large.

Joe