Re: problem to developing the lock

От frank_lupo
Тема Re: problem to developing the lock
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
> It's rumoured that frank_lupo once said:
>
> > I set autocommit =off.
> > When drop view and i do not send commit or rollback,is not possible to
> > select from other user on pg_view. The Pgadmin2 when read schema is
> > locked,and is not possible to make whichever other operation.  This is
> > my problem.
>  It is not possible to use pgadmin2 if the view are
> > locked.
>
> Oh, I see. How about wrapping everything in a transaction in
> pgDatabase.Execute in pgSchema? We should probably then provide a
> secondary connection for use with SQL queries in pgAdmin. Probably not a
> bad idea anyway.
> What do you think?
>
> Regards, Dave.

The problem is the function pg_get_viewdef. If the view is drop and transiction is safe (no commit/rollback) the
functionlock query.

Is possible not use this function?
Is possible that the other functions that returns the definition
  of obje

t have the same limit?

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

    /\_ _/\
    \ o o /
--ooo-----ooo---

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
I gioielli più nuovi, le collezioni più trendy, le trovi solo su Gioie.it!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=768&d=28-2