Re: A newbie's opinion - postgres NEEDS a Windows binary!

От Robert J. Sanford, Jr.
Тема Re: A newbie's opinion - postgres NEEDS a Windows binary!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
first for clarity - i am NOT advocating that postgres be re-written
just to support win32. my initial point was to describe what would
need to be done if someone wanted to have a win32 native version.
i was sort of hoping it would be obvious that when i said that it
would take a complete rewrite to make it win32 native that people
on the list would understand what that means. for something like
postgres that would be a significant undertaking.

i use win32 at work and i do my personal coding on the cygwin binary
of postgres (soon moving to the mac osx version). my personal
production environment is a red hat linux machine with postgres. as
one of our fellow list members pointed out to me in a personal email,
you choose the tool that best fits your needs. if you _need_ to be
working in win32 with high-traffic then postgres is probably not for
you.

rjsjr