Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I can definitely take a stab aat it.  Maybe I can make a test case with
> some globals that are accessed often submit some patches to see what
> people think.  Can I send them to you?

Maybe we should assign someone (or a team) to be the 'thread strike force'.
Their job is to (at their leisure) tidy up various parts of the source code
in such a way that they should not affect other parts.  This should be done
during the release cycle, so there is plenty of time to test their changes.

Then, once the whole source tree has had its stylistic improvements, it
would become easier to switch to a threaded/mpm model...

Chris