Problem concating bpchar and varchar in 7.1.3

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Problem concating bpchar and varchar in 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I just noticed that you cannot concat a fixed char column and a varchar
column in 7.1.3. Has this been fixed in 7.2?  (I can't check it here...)

test=# \d ADOXYZ             Table "adoxyz"Attribute |       Type        | Modifier
-----------+-------------------+----------id        | integer           |firstname | character(24)     |lastname  |
charactervarying |created   | date              |

test=# select firstname || lastname from ADOXYZ;
ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '||' for types 'bpchar' and 'varchar'       You will have to retype this query
usingan explicit cast