Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> > Are we staying at 16 as the default?   I personally think we can
> > increase it to 32 with little penalty,
>
> If you want to increase it, let's just increase it and not add any more
> configure options.  If someone wants more than 32 then we really need to
> start talking about design issues.

Why not give them the configure option?  It's not good HCI to impose
arbitrary limits on people...?

We can default it to 32, since there's demand for it.  If a particular user
decided to configure it higher, then they do that knowing that it may cause
performance degradation.  It's good to give them that choice though.

Chris