Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I highly doubt that. Relating two tables to each other via a key, and
> joining them together, allows you to do everything that inheritance
> allows you to do, but also more. If you have difficulty with keys and
> joins, well, you really probably want to stop and fix that problem
> before you do more work on a relational database....

I'm still not convinced of this.  For example, my friend has a hardware
e-store and every different class of hardware has different properties.  ie
modems have baud and network cards have speed and video cards have ram.  He
simply just has a 'products' table from which he extends
'networkcard_products', etc. with the additional fields.  Easy.

Chris