Re: [SQL] Front and Back End

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [SQL] Front and Back End
Дата
Список pgsql-php
(Reposted to pgsql-php)

Hi Ray,

Setting up load balancing on the web servers is probably up to you, but
please tell us what type of machine the database server will be: BSD, Linux,
Solaris, Win2K, etc. and we can probably give you lots of performance tips.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Hunter, Ray
Sent: Friday, 15 February 2002 5:02 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Front and Back End

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions and comments on setting up an
intranet site with a Postgres backend database.  I have 4 high end servers
that I will be using in this configuration.  2 will be web server
(production), 1 database server, and 1 backup server.  I am curious how
individuals might go about setting this up for load balancing on the web
servers and optimizing the backend database.
If you have any comment, suggestions, warnings, etc.; I would be more than
thankful to hear them.

Thanks,

Ray Hunter
Firmware Engineer