Re: Concerns about this release

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Concerns about this release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Are all the PostgreSQL developers really, really, sure that all the new
> > features in 7.2 are ready for prime time?
>
> See above.  If you like, we'll push out the release date a few years.
> Of course, the code won't get any more ready for prime time just by
> sitting on it.
>
> I think that we've very nearly reached the point where further time in
> beta phase isn't going to yield any new info.  Only putting it out as
> an official release will draw enough new users to expose remaining bugs.
> We've been through this same dynamic with every previous release; 7.2
> won't be any different.

Just for the record, I *never* use a x.x version of anything, especially
Postgres.  I'll wait until at least 7.2.1 before running it on a production
server...

Not saying that there's anything wrong with 7.2 - just that there's _always_
interesting problems (look at the changelogs for 7.1.1 - 7.1.3)

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Concerns about this release
Сообщение: Re: Concerns about this release