Re: DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > I am for it.  Multiple inheritance is more of a mess than a help.
> >
> > I'm not agin it ... but if that's the lay of the land then we have
> > no need to apply a last-minute catalog reformatting to fix a
> > multiple-inheritance bug.  This patch is off the "must fix for 7.3"
> > list, no?

Multiple inheritance patches should go in for 7.3, since we support multiple
inheritance in 7.3.  However, I think thought should be put into removing
multiple inheritance in 7.4  - after a user survey perhaps.  If removing
multiple inheritance means we can have perfece, indexable single inheritance
then I think it's worth it.  Unless the spec calls for multiple inheritance
of course.

Chris