Re: Using RSYNC for replication?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Using RSYNC for replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't know abou the 'safe' in that list there.  You will definitely need
to stop both postmasters from running while you are rsyncing and then start
them again afterwards, since memory contents will be different.  You would
also need to rsync all the WAL files, the pg_controldata file, the
architecture must be identical, etc.

ie.  What you are proposing is a very, very bad idea.

I know that Gavin is tinkering with a log shipping solution based on WAL at
the moment, that would be much better for your needs.  Don't except it any
time soon tho :)  It won't work at all until PITR goes in...

Chris