Re: Extending SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION

От Ezra Epstein
Тема Re: Extending SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

For exactly the opposite usage: allowing a non-privileged user to take on a
different authorization IFF a password is also supplied.  This allows a user
to use an existing connection (so, for example, connection pooling works)
and not require a high priv'd account to then act as a specific (and
specifically priv'd) user of the system.

E.g., I could then have a user who has only connection privs for the DB and
then use a SET SESSION AUTH as a means of "logging in" as a specific user.
What this buys me:    Connection pooling (critical for volume web apps)    Postgres (DB) level enforcement of
privilegesvia GRANT and REVOKE : so

that my priv scheme is consistent across db access methods and I don't have
to be too concerned about replicating the authorization logic out in the app
layer.

== Ezra Epstein.