Re: Getting ResultSet using JDBC when calling Stored-Procedures

От Arthur & Kathy Yeo
Тема Re: Getting ResultSet using JDBC when calling Stored-Procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur & Kathy Yeo [mailto:ayeo@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 8:25 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Getting ResultSet using JDBC when calling Stored-Procedures

In reading the docs for PL/pgSQL, I noticed that there is no mention about
PL/SQL-TABLES which in Oracle allows stored procedures to do a SELECT and
return all the rows thru one of its OUT arguments.

Some people suggested that  we can get the stored procedure to return a
CURSOR and the caller can access that cursor thru JDBC. The only method I
saw related to cursor in JDBC is getCursorName().
Anyone know how to access a returned CURSOR coming back from a
stored-procedure at the JDBC interface?

Similar needs in doing a bulk INSERTs thru a stored procedure.

--
Arthur