Re: "user"

От Karen Ellrick
Тема Re: "user"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Forgott to say that I try to create a table named
> <QUOTE>user</QUOTE>.
>
> > Why is this so very commonly used word reserved?
> > Is that some kind of #define so you easily can recompile
> > PostgreSQL? If so, please guide me to the place. This is
> > truly annoying.

Rather than trying to tear apart a database system that was carefully
designed with "user" as a word with meaning to the system, is there any
reason why you can't use a slightly different name for your table?  I tried
the same thing once, by the way, and when I realized I couldn't name my
table "user", I called it "users" - after all, there will be more than one
user! :-)  Other ideas are "usr", "db_user" (replace "db" with something
meaningful to you), "user_info", etc.

Just a thought.

Karen Ellrick
S & C Technology, Inc.
1-21-35 Kusatsu-shinmachi
Hiroshima  733-0834  Japan
(from U.S. 011-81, from Japan 0) 82-293-2838